On Whites and Off-whites






Have you ever pondered upon these questions when you’re wearing white?

‘Is my butt dirty?’ ‘OMG did I menstruated on my pants?’ ‘Oh hell no you’re not making me step into that puddle of mud!’ ‘Please food, do not, DO NOT get down and dirty with my tank top!’ ‘OMG F*** you food WHY WHY?!’ ‘Get this stain off me ASAP!’

Because I do. All the time. Well, most of the time.

Not that I produce a weekly long discharge that has an uncanny resemblance to rouge once a month, but don't you think wearing white is such a chore? Having to severely bleach them after a day of wearing, trying to emulate chic with a white bootcut trousers whilst mandatory to step in mud as an act of sacrifice in order to get that shot captioned 'Oh it's white? Whatever, I'm too fab for this'. Having kicked in paranoia of 'Omg will I be clumsy and spill?' forcibly ruins your good meal at some posh restaurant. Yet, many still opt to wear blanc.

Why? Tell me why?

Former picture's of me (#obviously) in a lightweight tee from Topshop, Uniqlo shorts, Zara camel-toned blazer (not to be confused with camel-toe) scored from a sale and my trustworthy 3.1 Phillip Lim that creased gracefully under my care (which includes over-stuffing the bag with too much nonsensical products, tossing it around like a boss and throwing it on the floor when I get home).

The image preceding the former is where I've decided to head down to town unexpectedly in a white tank top from Zara, H&M off-white embroidered jeans from it's Spring Summer collection that makes me look like I have a big crotch and blue velvet flats from Charles & Keith.

The third projects me as stealing the Alexander McQueen butterfly printed clutch (which, by the way, I bought it instead of committing theft),the same tank top as aforementioned (it just coincidentally happened) and in the sleek Isabel Marant pour H&M biker trousers that made my legs sweat like pigs on fire. I'm not even kidding.

And eventually rounding off the image parade with one that shows me (again, I know, boring..)  in a Givenchy-esque tee from Zara, Topshop denim berms cutoffs, Buffalo wedge sneakers from the mens (I know, right?!?!) and a widest brim fedora which obnoxiously hits people in the face whilst blocking their three quarters of their view.

Probably white emulates clean and minimalism, therefore chic? It's for you to argue.


Images done by Wayne & Imran