Holy Schouley!




Anybody had problems pronouncing Proenza Schouler?

Well, I didn't. #showoff

When the duo first launched their pioneer PS1 in end 2008 that eventually led to the paramount 'statement bag', I first saw it on the hands of a fashion blogger somewhere in 2009 (not Leandra). It was in their classic black hue. The leather was supple, creased in the middle when she hoisted it on her right arm (I could still remember!) like a sunken leather mess. The straps that excessively stretched down and its sides allured me. To one, it might not seen to be as universally accepted to splurge a thousand dollars on a simple messenger bag that could be acquired at a fraction of the price, but to me, I was (as usual, nothing new; it seems like my characteristics have still retained in retrospect to 2009).

But I didn't. Because I didn't have a thousand dollars that could be easily disposable when I was fifteen.

I was in distraught. I felt tormented. I needed a thousand dollars, or perhaps my trust fund (which never exists). As I whined upon the fact that my bank status made up to only three digits, I found a perfect substitute of it at a tenth of the price in Topman.



Fast forward seven years later: I found myself checking out the former illustration when I finally managed to save up enough (didn't take me seven years actually) to pamper myself. I ripped the packaging apart when the parcel arrived. It was in an ultramarine hue, soft and supple leather caressed my epidermis as I stroked it with joy and pleasure (somewhat sexually but not overly sexual). I couldn't help but wonder: Is this what they call 'Love's at first sight?'

I scratched it twice ever since (it occurred in a day) and got hair mousse all over it. Perhaps it should've just stayed in the dust bag. Or the outlet.

(Proenza Schouler PS1 in Midnight)

Image credits Imran