Sean Seyfried Guides: Sample Sale!!!!!!!!!!!


Recently, I went to a designer sale. I got massacred.

Lol, jk. If I really did, I wouldn't still be typing this and even foretelling you guys that this is another 'Sean Seyfried Guide' aka 'The Most Idiot Proof Guide'. I might even triumph Guide for Dummies.

Okay, I digressed. But I was really massacred; I was faced with that inadvertent pushing and shoving and my wallet went dry. To be honest, this was the first time I got to a sample sale. I was never an avid fan of sample sales because the thought of scouring through an entire room packed with clothes and humans would give me a splitting headache. But when I got to the scene, I was wrong. Absolutely wrong. Neither did I not suffer from the foresighted splitting headache, I was actually (for the first time) ransacking through all the clothing shelves. I have never felt so accomplished before.

I just checked off something from my list of 'Things to Do Before I Die'.

The sale was spread across four days and I went for two; the second day and the last. I got a Jil Sander navy bermudas which I have always wanted a pair at a fraction of its original price, two T by Alexander wang t-shirts which came in the right time since my muscle tanks were all already dying, a satin Calvin Klein trousers that allows me to (finally) emulate the Calvin Klein moment from Clueless and lastly, a pair of Isabel Marant Étoile jeans which I unfortunately could not fit into (despite it supposed being one size too big).

I thought I was done, but in contrary, I wanted more.

I went on the last day (aka the final sale day), and it was the best; everything was further marked down. I succumb to temptation and got myself a gorgeous Dries coat, two Balenciaga shirts because I 'needed' a silk shirt and then they came in two colours and I panicked and I couldn't choose so I got both and a pair of Christopher Kane x J Brand embroidered jeans because it was a thousand slashed to three hundred, and further slashed to ninety. NINETY FREAKING BUCKS.

How was I able to get such awesome findings? I was often told by my friends that they were always unable to get anything suitable for them during designer sales. Here's the trick to how I did it.

1) Via Facebook Friends, hayyy.

Lol, jk. When there's a sample sale, everyone is selfish. No one would publicize the fact that there's an ongoing sale, because everyone wants that discounted designer piece. I cannot deny for the fact that I'm part of that team too; I screen-shot the notification and kept it in my phone. They say that everything is kept behind the doors, mine was behind my iPhone.

Okay, I kid again. But always keep a look out. Don't expect your friends to go like 'Hey, there's a sample sale!'. Follow that departmental store on Facebook, and when it is about time to have that annual sample sale, always scroll through their webpage. It will be out there, somewhere.

Once you see it, mark your calendars. Immediately.

2) Pick a Date.

Unless you're willing to stand in a queue that snakes, then go for the first day. Otherwise, save that energy for Alexander Wang x H&M (which I know, had happened today) and then go on the second day. You won't even need to wait in line for your turn. The best things might have already been snagged by those who went to be part of that snake, but I always remember this adage: One man's trash is another man's treasure.

But then again, you won't want to use that aphorism when it comes to Alexander Wang x H&M. That is why I was in the queue.

3) Pack Your Wallet. 

Remember those days when your mum made you pack your bag the day before school, just to make sure that you don't miss out any textbooks at the eleventh hour? Or perhaps even to alleviate you from panic attack when you pack it five minutes before you leave your house and realized that Math book is playing hide and seek?

Just make sure you listen to your mum. Pack your wallet the night before. Make sure it's tight. It can be either in cash, or credit.

4) Select Your Team Name and Team Players.

Whether you choose to be an Auditing team, or even the SWAT team, make sure you have at least one team player with you. Why? It is way more fun doing it in a group than alone. At least you can have someone who could give you good opinions to reduce the damage done on your wallet. Yes, your sense of style is always unique and you don't give a damn what people say, but think of it as someone you can scream together whilst looking at that Marni dress.

5) Choose a Slogan. Mine's 'Dig, Ransack, Search'.

From Step 4, I chose my team to be G.I. Joe. They are extremely relatable, I donned myself with a utilitarian jumpsuit, all prepared to rummage in rampage. Lol, jk. Sorry, I just love to joke, I was not in a jumpsuit. I was de facto in a pair of military green strappy sandals with red wedges. Yet, I was feeling that hype of being part of G.I. Joe and being the Team Leader (aka the Head Bitch), I have to assign a slogan to keep my team players motivated.

I came up with this: Dig, ransack, search. Dig through the shelves, ransack through the hangers and search deep beneath areas you'll never actually do. That includes the shopping bag of others.

Remember, your slogan must always be stuck in your head.

6) Test, then Take or Toss.

Here's a trick I've learned, if you're getting a pair of bottoms, try everything with your neck. If you're brave enough, strip. Otherwise, wear it over. No, if you have a good body, strip. We want to see that nice package you are hiding under those layers.

Lol, jk. Then again don't forget to remove the clothes after trying.

7) Pay and Pray.

Prepare to see your wallet shrink. Like literally shrink. Sometimes you would even wonder why your tummy would not 'deflate' as swiftly as your wallets do. Even though it is not ideal for your wallets to lose weight, but hey, you're getting those unaffordable clothes at a sample price.

There you have it, a idiot proof step by step guide to sample sale. Bookmark this guide and revisit it when the next sample sale arrives. In the meantime, could you guess how many 'Lol, jk' I have aforementioned? No referring back.

Collage images from everywhere. Shocked face boy is none other than Kevin from Home Alone (but instead you get a shock at sample sale rather than your house getting invaded), t-shirt's from Balenciaga, trousers' from Chloe, shoes are Sophia Webster and coat is from Dries van Noten.