What to Wear to Work: The Denim Series

IMG_6958
IMG_6953
IMG_7003
IMG_6998
IMG_7040
IMG_7093
IMG_7175
IMG_7151
IMG_7185
IMG_7202

Have you ever wondered what it is like to have Casual Fridays for the entire week at work? It sounds pretty awesome right; you are able to wear anything you want sans being mocked by your fellow colleagues because they are acting on the same thing too. You wouldn't have to repeat those restricted, crease-free plain or pinstriped shirts or blouses tucked neatly into a pair of tailored trousers or below-the-knee skirt four time a day. You are able to freely express yourself!

Those are nonsense, casual dressing is de facto more stressful than you actually think.

Imagine having to constantly wake up and think 'What should I wear that is comfortable to survive the entire day and still look like I'm fresh off fashion week?'. That itself takes about thirty minutes. An hour solely goes to freshening up and applying all your creams, foundation (which I don't use because it glides off your skin under this sweltering weather) and up-do. Then it takes approximately forty-five minutes to reach your work place. You literally have to wake up two hours and fifteen minutes prior to the start of your office hour.

So in order to make things less complicated and more efficacious, I've decided to go with what I do best: jeans. All I have to do now is to pick a top and an outerwear (or on hotter days I don't even have to!), a bag and shoes. Yay! I can finally sleep in more. Lol jk, that still sounds like a lot of planning to do.

Enough said, let the pictures do the talking: an entire week filled with lack of sleep and appropriate outfits.

IMG_6985

Monday: Instead of driving the Monday Blues away, I welcomed them with a Uniqlo tartan shirt, Uniqlo linen blazer but it's in collaboration with Ines, Phillip Lim bagZara cigarette jeans and loafers. But I guessed I failed to do so because I couldn't get a cab on time. I also needed to pee badly and had to hold my bladder for a good thirty minutes. FML.

IMG_7018

Tuesday: I've learned my lesson that flagging a cab is extremely cumbersome, henceforth I called for one. Lol jk, I actually used Uber. Apparently it is so hard to call for a cab during morning rush hour. So while I was waiting for my Uber driver, a hot guy actually walked past and obviously I had to check him out. Oh and not to forget whilst I go on rambling about that hot guy, I'm wearing H&M Conscious 2015 jacket (which I scored from sale!) with a Zara grey t-shirt underneath, Uniqlo jeans, Vivienne Westwood purse and Superga sneakers.

IMG_7107

Wednesday: I took too much cab/Uber rides on Monday and Tuesday, I had to revert back to public transport. So I did my walk of shame in this Zara embroidered shirt, Ines x Uniqlo selvedge denim jeans (I'm kinda obsessed with Uniqlo now don't ask me why because I actually have no clue), Adidas mesh Stan Smith sneakers and Marc by Marc Jacobs clutch.

IMG_7163

Thursday: Casually using Uber again to see if I'd be able to make it in time for work. I'm wearing a COS t-shirt which I've got two at this moment because you just can't have too little basics, Zara cigarette jeans, H&M striped oversized shirt, Balenciaga neoprene bag (neoprene is so Alexander Wang).

IMG_7226

Friday: It's TGIF! And I'm intending to channel out utilitarian vibes inspired from Dsquared anything. Oh, I just realized that everything is from Zara. Minus the belt, that's from H&M. I feel like a literal walking Zara ad. Lol jk.


Images all done by Imran