MTWTFSS








No, it's not going to be about the brand Weekday.

One clemently pleasant Monday morning (pun intended, and I meant last Monday) repleted with your typical Blues and Greys (pun still intended), while I was traipsing down Fifth Avenue the pavement and getting on board the bus, it got me comprehending: 'What do I wear on a weekly basis?'

I looked down at myself, I was adorned in your quintessential oh-so-basic white t-shirt, tucked into my most favourite cropped relaxed fit denim jeans I got a few months back from Zara (they're just so lovely!) and combated the brutal 'walks of life' with my Superga. No kick ass obligatory arm party, just a classic time piece.

On a similarly luminous Tuesday morning (the next day), I discovered myself in a pseudo white (ecru) t-shirt with 'Wonderlast' carefully and intricately embroidered onto my left breast, with the same Zara jeans and another coloured Superga (If I wasn't wrong, it was the ecru pair too). I shrugged my shoulders. 'No big deal, as if I was wearing the exact same outfit as yesterday.'

Then on a relatively sunny morning Wednesday, I caught myself in another white t-shirt (this time round, it was tencel, from Topshop), in a pair of similarly cropped dark denim jeans from H&M (cut, ripped and shredded by me to emulate that perfect cropped jeans) and my red Superga. I stood there thinking: 'It won't happen again tomorrow.'

But that occurred for almost a week straight.

P/S: I didn't make a special arrangement to appear and project being unobtrusive, but rather it transpired intuitively.

I was dumbfounded on that overcast Friday and almost concussed into the obstructive lamp post. What was I exactly processing whilst putting on similar outfits every single day? Is the casual look inherent in me? Couldn't my brain work two hours prior to being conscious? I couldn't mentally accustom myself, rather un-nonchalantly, to my latent behaviour, hence I drafted out ideas beforehand that wouldn't leave a eww-he-wears-the-same-thing and doesn't-he-wash-his-clothes eidolon on others.

So here's what I proposed:

Monday: This day signifies the inauguration of a fresh new week, hence looking professional with an Isabel Marant pour H&M blazer (actually, it's a coat) wouldn't be an overstatement. What would kill the overstatement would be looking overly dressed up for a Monday, hence I'll go with a T by Alexander Wang cotton tank and a denim mom jeans from Topshop (I can't help it! I need my constant dosage of denim!). I'm going to look classy and competent, yet convivial and cheery with my embroidered Manolo Blahnik and perspex lips (like sugar) printing Charlotte Olympia clutch (look at that bedazzled mole! Totally killed Monday Blues!).

Tuesday: It's still relatively early in the week to dress down, yet I'd rather loathe and idle. Lol, so I'll choose to slip into jeans again, but now their washed white and partially slit at the knees adroitly crafted by Acne Studios. Obviously this is a Lazy Tuesday (has this term been coined yet?) so we'll just slip into this indigo-esque Isabel Marant top and Won Hundred sandals. We'll use this Kate Spade book clutch as a guise (in a pretense that we've read the entire book about the tale of two cities, when in actual fact, it contains my cash, phone and ipod) to conceal our apathetical behavior. How intelligent am I?

Wednesday: It's mid-week! Now I could really get lazy with my matchy H&M polka dotted pajamas. Still I would want to look as though I bothered dressing up, hence I'll slip into my Zara heels, put on a little cute necklace from Topshop and body sling my Givenchy purse. This look is so apt for the once crazed saga: 'Out of Bed Look'.

Thursday: So apparently I forecasted that Thursday's weather would be a little less forgiving and intense, so I'll opt for this chambray Sacai Shirt (with lovely mullet-esque effect at the back) and white Zara shorts. I'm going to put on my Buffalo wedge sneakers because, flats wasn't an option since Victoria Beckham once went: 'I can't concentrate in flat shoes.', which I assertively believe that no one in the right mind can think properly in flats. I mean, who could? Oh yeah, men can. Okay bye, I'm leaving my house now. Oh wait, I forgot my Proenza Schouler bag.

Friday: Omg it's Friday!!! TGIF!! I'm going to meet my girlies (or girlfriends or gal pals or sisters) for some drinks tonight, so maybe I should get spruce up in some girly dress. Lol jk, I'll stick to my all time favourite T by Alexander Wang white cotton t-shirt with my lovely Isabel Marant pour H&M jeans from the kids department. Okay fine, maybe I should look a little more feminine. Let me accentuate it with this Zara killer neck piece, a Tory Burch puka shelled fringe clutch and Tibi strappy heels. Lol, jk about looking like a damsel (never in distress), again.

Saturday: Mr Big just reserved brunch at *insert cafĂ© here*! This time round, I've really got to resemble a mademoiselle this time round, hence I'm going for this patent pastel pink H&M midi skirt and a Zara white cropped pullover. Then I'm going to put on my Dannijo earrings, slip into these Stuart Weitzman floral heels and Anya Hindmarch clutch. Do I look presentable now?

Sunday: Grocery shopping!! Wait, aren't I suppose to wear a fur coat for this? Oh I'm not sixty yet! Alright, I'm going to dress myself down in this brenton striped t-shirt I got from Zara (a good alternative for whites) and my Junya Watanabe patchwork jeans. I still wanna be in heels, I mean, I have to do some justice to these Toshop sapphire jeweled sandals I got last week. Aren't they just breathtaking? My large ass Anya Hindmarch bag could affirmatively handle all the groceries I'm going to lug home.

Wait, I don't think I'm going to wear a skirt when meeting with Big... Shucks, gotta amend my ideas!

Images all from Google and Photoshopped by me (haha)