Shoe I, or Shoe I not?







That question was rhetorical. We all know that the answer would only be; I Shoe.

Before we commence, I would like to thank god for reminding me to shave my legs. Like really, otherwise you'll be looking at a bunch of hairy-assed monkeys on the precedent images.

Next, I would like to put a financial curb onto my wallet/bank/my mum/anything-that-could-generate-money because I've been literally spending too much on shoes. Carrie Bradshaw once went, 'I've spent forty thousand dollars on shoes and I've no place to live?' Would I actually, wind up being like her? (But let's take into consideration she published a book thereafter and had more money to buy more Manolos, but that's not the point) Would I really be the old woman who lived in her shoes?

Like Carrie said (again), 'I'm not in but my shoes are, so leave them a message!' Could they actually understand a message from a recording machine? If my shoes could really comprehend to my daily life and language, would they actually hate me for trampling on them? Or would they love me, for adoring them, gracing them every time when I teeter them out for a trip? And if they could decipher my thoughts based on my actions, wouldn't there be some sort of inner dispute, or war due to my prejudice?

By this time we all should know which shoe I bias towards. Can't tell it? Really, you can't? I've made a brief reference to them while talking about getting the perfect canadian tuxedo, the story where Shirt and Pants got married, gave a few tips on how to not look basic, and combating summer. In retrospect, I've actually acknowledged them in almost every single post when I came back to blogging!

Still bewildered? Just scroll back up and look at the images exhibited above.

Yes, it's Superga!!!!!! (this moment definitely deserves more than just an exclamation mark)

'But why Superga?' a friend of mine actually threw that (relatively obvious) question to me, as though we were having an interview and she had no other questions to deliver. 'You don't wear sneakers at all, and even if you conform, which btw, you had already conformed, to the trend, why Superga out of all the other brands?'

'Man Repeller, duh!'

Definitely I was influenced by the fact that Man Repeller chose Superga over any other sneaker brand. But why, just why was I more excited over the second installment of Man Repeller for Superga rather than Maison Martin Margiela for Converse? Crackling sneakers? Doesn't it sound like a fantastic design? But why, why don't my (imaginary) vagina tingle as much as the velvet or satin Superga? Is it because I'm prejudice towards Man Repeller, or is it that the I-can-DIY-it sneakers couldn't justify me splurging  two hundred bunks?

I believe I oscillate between both arguments.

Back to the part whereby I made an assumption that my shoes could comprehend to voices and emotions, which would eventually result to bloodshed, or worse, nuclear war. Where was I? Oh yeah, what if my entire shoe collection were able to register the fact that Superga were utilized more often? What if they're telepathic, that they're able to foretell that Superga would reign Sean's shoe collection before Manolo Blahnik? What if I've watched too much X-Men?

But don't you think sneakers are like, the comfiest shoe wear of all time? With those fatal heels arching your calves constantly and unseasoned leather brogues causing you blisters that could never be salvaged by plasters, why not opt for sneakers? Firstly: You won't have to be afraid of your calves aching after like ten hours. Secondly: What are blisters? And lastly: Man, you look chic as hell! Rid those heels, rid those brogues, T.G.I.F. (toes go in first) your feet into one of those Superga and poof, comfy (yet lazy, we all know secretly but it's kept mum) chic achievement, unlocked.

A hundred and fifty nine, ninety was plastered across the checkout cart as I waved my debit card in the air.

(Everything from Superga (2750, if you didn't already know), the Green Pine, Ecru, Red ones were bought from all possible outlets in Singapore (Tangs, Robinsons and Rockstar), whereas the Blue Velvet and Mustard satin ones were bought from Shopbop (sadly they're unavailable anymore) and superga.com.sg respectively. I'm actually intending to get another in Dahlia. And Orange. And Pink Satin. And Metallic Tweed. Man, I'm such a shoe-horse(whore)!)

Image credits Monochrome Mafia