You're My Only Shorty





Someone once mentioned: "Why are you always in covered trousers?"

My default reply is (and most probably will be for quite a period of time), "I forgot to shave."

Albeit shaving isn't my forte (epilating actually is), I did teeter myself once by slotting my hairy legs into that huge orifice which then would gradually split into two. I got judged - despite being a specimen with no boobies and having a penis - because of faux fur hankering on my legs. I was bashful and embarrassed. I couldn't conceal my hairy legs with my shorts, neither could I rush back home to get changed. I was like a patty - stuck in the middle. Lol okay, that was not a good imagery.

I couldn't help but wonder: Why do society judge so much despite it being a lazy summer?

Regardless or not if I'd have my legs shaved, if summer is getting too summer, shouldn't I face reality and opt for the best alternative, aka shorts? Alongisde with Mr Fuzzy?

As according to images above, and in ascending hem line:

The first shows my overly exploited white t-shirt from COS, paired with the shortest red chino shorts you can ever find in Topman (thanks to rolling them up like a hundred times), with my current to-go-if-I-don't-know-which-to-use Zara doctor bag and matched it up with a similar tan (not to be confused with shitty shade) hue ASOS brogues.

Next, with my everlasting penchant for denim, who could've thought I would've left my Topman denim cut-offs out from this post??? Nah, I've decided that it shouldn't be rolled up so that the raw hems could be seen (I snipped it from a pair of unworn jeans and distressed it myself; with the help of the washer and a pair of scissors) and paired it with my Candela emerald velvet flats that succumbed to puke the very next day (!!!!!) and a drawstring embroidered purse with tassels from Zara.

Following the next comes along a cerulean tailored shorts from H&M Men's (I can actually fit their sizes?! Isn't this a miracle?) with a suede-ish feel. But what actually compelled me into purchasing it? It was on god-damn SALE suede-ish. I had to play with textures by pairing the satin Man Repeller x Superga sneakers and since this look is by far, excessively manly, I thought: "No bags, put on my Ray-Bans instead".

Finally, the finale, in contrasting with the aforesaid third image, I've decided to embrace my man repelling side with this Zara (Woman's) charcoal drawstring berms that brought about a lil' sport-ish feel. But what is man repelling without an vaginal printed ASOS clutch and a pair of espadrille sandals from Bimba & Lola? Do I repel now????

So what do you think? Yay, or nay?

Image credits Imran