Sean Seyfried Guides: Prepping for Fall


There's something I like about fall. It's capacity of coolness is at its perfect equilibrium, you can dress anything you desire from shorts to skirts to pullovers to fur coats and yet not feel like you have just completed a triathlon nor overly icy. Yes, spring might happen to be in the same category too. But there's just this unique factor that induced me to favouring fall over spring. Was it the two key factors that are widely adored: pumpkins and fallen amber leaves? Or was it the reemergence of gingerbread latte from Starbucks?

It's actually none. Perhaps I'd appreciate the fallen leaves if we didn't have to rake our lawns and then break our lawns (backs). And I'd prefer a cup of toffee nut latte anytime over gingerbread. So what is it then? Just yesterday I had a discussion with a friend of mine. The topic was: 'What makes your drive to leaving the country so intent?' My answer was: I've always wanted to do the Fsquared. Fall Fashion.

My friend's answer: To get the hell out of the heat. (Such a Miranda answer)

Just the previous post I mentioned about dressing up for pseudo fall. This time round, to my (not so much of an) amazement, it still isn't quite fall yet. But we are definitely in the mood to shop for fall. I mean who isn't? Aren't you??

Below are three fall outfits I've cogitated with I particularly adored. This is what you do when you live in a country without the four seasons. Oh, and do you happen to remember the guide to shopping on Shopbop? Use it over here too, it's really effective.




The first look: Who could've left the pullovers? Pullovers are the highlight of fall! I was thinking that this Zara maroon pullover would go so well with this True Religion cigarette jeans when you just slightly tuck it in at the front. Sling or clutch this Rebecca Minkoff mini mac (literally a fall colour and I'm loving it) and TGIF (toes go in first, in case you forgot its acronym) into these Zara booties. Top it off with some Rag & Bone wide brim fedora. How do you like me now?

Stuck in the middle shows a H&M Studio faux fur coat (secretly dying and actually crying in both tears of joy and sadness because it's so gorgeous yet doing so much harm to my bank account) that I think would really go well with this Zara grey jumpsuit, either worn or tied at the waist. Show off your inner classiness with these Manolo Blahnik suede pumps and an Olympia Le Tan novel clutch. I can literally imagine myself in this outfit. Powerful, and immaculate.

Too dull? Still having that spring fling? Thinking that you could use a little bit more colours? Well, you could use a fall oversized faux shearling jacket from Tibi and reuse your summer Alice + Olivia rose skirt. Florals for spring? More like Fall(en) florals. Pun intended. Think you could use a little coverage for your legs from the chills? These H&M Studio '14 booties will do you justice. If you'd like, you can wear the jacket as a shirt itself. If not, try this T by Alexander Wang slub t-shirt aka the used and abused white t-shirt as an underdog. Not to forget that you actually need a bag, so sling up this 3.1 Phillip Lim mini pashli and you are good to go.

How's that doing to your bank balance?

Images from shopbop.com, all over the web and style.com