The Summer-Fall Trench




As we hit August, we inevitably inaugurate fall. We all crave for that cooler climate to inadvertently arrive, especially if you happen to be residing in a country that lack of the four seasons (which three coincidentally are co-related to the word 'cool'). We'd wish, desire and maybe even beg for the summer heat to dissipate and the howling winds to slowly and subtly carress our dewy complexions. We'd also hope that we could lackadaisically put on our denim cut-offs and floral broad shorts just to realize that summer is actually gone and our legs are getting the chills, and we'd put on pants and exchange strappy heels for high cut knee length booties. We'd also be able to happily obtain that few minutes of joy in life and gladly stow away our shavers (with the exception if you're getting your pants off at any point of time during the day, I would suggest not to hibernate that shaver).

But sadly, their arrival are usually later than what we intentionally expect, so those aforementioned concupiscences remains as ambitions we lust for and never really happen in August. And instead of pulling up those newly DIY-ed embellished jeans and oversized knitwear you'd purchased on impulse during the last few sample sales, you'd find yourself still parading in those denim cut-offs. You asked yourself this: "Why couldn't I dress something more stereotypically inclined towards the supposed ongoing season?"

Hold your thought, it's still possible. You're still on the right track.

What you'll need to do is to place your pullovers and pants back into your closets. Then, either rake your closet for the trench coat you bought during your last spring to summer interval, otherwise, you could opt for the next best alternative aka this Nina Ricci polyamide trench over at Shopbop because I'd be extremely magnanimous and save you the trouble for finding one. Lol, jk. Please be reminded that you should go for a lightweight trench, otherwise you might just die in one before even stepping your Manolo Blahniks out of your apartment.

I wasn't joking about the part where I'm extremely magnanimous though. Lol, jk.

However, there's still this fine print that states: "Beware, product might induce heat stroke." which you could never ever find on the product labels. So this might induce the crown question; Am I sartorially superficial till the extent that I would conform towards the notion: beauty before comfort? Or am I simply just being ridiculously impatient to welcome the approximate arctic autumn? I'd once came into a minor symposium which argued about beauty vs comfort, and I fell into the middle portion of the Venn Diagram. To be honest, who doesn't usually slant towards the beauty portion? Are we on the topic of geeks? If every single woman performing propriety out there who dresses up just to emulate man (occasionally men) getters, aren't we all swallowing up what we spat about others; beauty before comfort? Then, are the repellers portraying non-beauty? No, because we all dress up to feel good about ourselves and to channel that inner beauty we'd believe to be our key component to survival but often claimed or labelled as 'socially awkward'.

Yet, I'd still firmly ingrain myself to believe that I'd sometimes fall into the middle portion (other times, towards the beauty aspect). I wouldn't be plunging into that trench coat if the sun was blazing.

Despite seemingly apparent that I have an obvious Malibu tan that I got during that beach party last month in those above pictures, but in actual fact, I don't. I got my lycocell trench coat from H&M sale last two weeks (yay!) and I'd decided do head back to my 'basic chic' ways but this time round, I did some merchant deals and traded my denim cut-offs for a white chino shorts. Since it's autumn but still being conducted under summer weather, I took the opportunity to still slip on my leather granny sandals.

So how do I look? But the important question remains: Did I actually break out in sweat?

H&M Conscious trench coat, Feist white t-shirt, Uniqlo white shorts, Zara sandals and 3.1 Phillip Lim clutch that screams 'OMG!!!!'

Images done by Mr Big