Doing the Wang Way





What time is it now? 10? Great, I shouldn't have lied to myself that I've got some allocated time marked for further rest. Dammit, I have to get out of the house at 10.30 for that brunch appointment I've made with my bestie, Imran. How long would I take to get myself cleaned? Fifteen minutes? I'll try to reduce it to ten.

Damn, I took twenty instead. Ugh, I'm always bad at gauging the complex notion known as time. I'm only down with five. And the other five would give me ample time to hail a cab and reach my destination. Okay okay, that isn't the point. What should I wear now? Omg, this lovely embroidered H&M jacket from Spring 2014 is really amazing with just that used and abused white t-shirt and a denim cut-offs. No wait, this look is too cliché. I have been doing this whole basic chic look a little too often! Ideas, ideas. Quick Sean, you're down with a whooping four minutes now.

Oh yeah, what about utilising the splattered paint trousers I got from the last Zara sale? I could wear it with the matching jacket, and then loosely tuck in that white COS t-shirt I'd just intended to use. Okay let me get the trousers up my butt first. Have I been binge eating too much? Oh god, I think I need to start doing some exercise. Let me grab my arm parties from my chockablock bracelet drawer. Am I going to be a laughing stock if someone actually knew I had six drawers solely meant for arm parties? I hope not...

What is with the weather? No I don't think I could survive this weather with this outfit. No no no, I need to get them off me. Hey, how about that black lightweight wool blazer I got from the recent H&M Studio collection? That would look great with a cute grey t-shirt neatly tucked into a pair of high-waisted paisley embroidered trousers I got two years ago from Zara. What? This trousers can't fit me anymore? Ugh, I'm down with two minutes! I literally need SOS and Aunt (Fashun) Agony. And some cocktail.

Oh hey, let me do the Wang way. Am I a season too late? Who cares. I don't even have the time to button up my shirt! Sweet, now I have to get out of my house, and get a cab. No wait, arm parties? Okay, no time for that! Sliders would do the trick for now.

Image credits Imran