Sean Seyfried Guides: It's Holiday Season Already?!?!


You know it's November now, and in a blink of an eye, bam! It will be December. Here's a fact: you're still one month plus away from Christmas so who cares, you'll just do the last minute Christmas shopping and boxing like you do every year. Here's another fact: Your procrastination will wind you up in scouting for inappropriate items as gift ideas at 11pm on Christmas Eve (who cares about the ten days of giveaway; at least you could rush in time for the actual Christmas) such as bath towels from circa 1996, unused kitchen knives and books that are under the genre 'Self-help' (aka comes off as naturally insulting).

I dare say that because most of us do that. I do that last minute Christmas shopping because I Christmas-shopped for myself a little too often. My mum only Christmas shops when she realize it is Christmas. My friend bestowed me with my present only in as late as February.

But what is the point to having premature buys you think you might eventually regret because you manage to come across a better present for Tracy? Shucks, I should have waited! Should Gabrielle be the (chosen) one settling down with the Bath and Body Works bath set I actually got for Tracy? Guess Iris might be alright with it. How about Amy, will she mind? Maybe if I didn't tell her that it was a 'hand-down' present; she doesn't deserve Prada anyway.

This is the problem. We are overly paranoid when it comes to buying gifts too early and overly inattentive when we decide things on the eleventh hour. If oscillating between both such ideas are deemed as a challenge tough enough for you not to scratch your head with your hands only, but rather with your feet as well, is there a plausible 'just nice' to such an issue?

If you're inherent Carrie Bradshaw, this would not work out for you. But if you're (temporarily) not, yasssss!!!

Shopbop is having a special segment for easier selection of gifts during the Holiday season. It is not solely for Christmas (obviously), you know there is the upcoming Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and even New Year's Day. They have a range of candles, to sunglasses, to fancy accessories dishes to chic pajamas that arrives at your door step with just a click of a button. Not sure how to do it? You can take reference using my guide over here. Just make sure you do not over indulge in gifting presents to yourself that you forgot all about the art of giving to others.


Here are my top picks for 'Presents less than $100' because you cannot afford to not save some cash and gift yourself a more expensive Gucci dress:

A) Jonathan Adler candle because using multiple faces to glam up your table top is so in right now.

B) Manolo Blahnik's version of the elves and the shoemaker which I 'fortuitously' gifted myself too. You just have to study shoe art to master it.

C) A C Wonder gem storage plate because Tracy has been complaining about how she isn't able to find a creative way to store her accessories

D) A casing for sunglasses from Gift Boutique because Hannah has been facing the 'Sunnies theft' because she couldn't help but just casually throw it all over her place. This might be her savior. When I say 'this might be', I meant 'I am'.

E) An eye mask by Kate Spade because they just look so adorable you couldn't help but get it for someone who hasn't come into your mind yet.

F) Sarah Chloe's P pendant for Palma. Cliché, I know. She should be thankful she wasn't chosen for that bath set.

Amy? I forgot about her. I guess she really deserves that bath set.

Top collage image from Gossip Girl and Barneys New York, bottom ones are all from the web with the help of Google.

A part collaboration with Shopbop

P/S: Names used are purely for humor purposes and are coincidental if they happen to be your name, so please do not be offended, especially if you're Amy. Sorry!