To Button Or To Unbutton





In life, we are bound to come to a junction that paves various (though usually two for convenience) separate ways filled with different entities and options such as 'grilled or steamed', 'salad or pizza', 'skirt or pants', 'cab or car' and the list just goes on. If we are unable to achieve both (or all) goals by constructing our own in between (like for instance we could when we're choosing denim culottes in times of being fickle over between the choice of shorts or jeans), we will have to face the hard way by choosing either alternative.

I would go for grilled, pizza (because once I got a bowl of salad and I couldn't stand the taste of it and got a pizza; it was circa 2010. That was the first and the last time I had salad), pants because wide leg pants are so 'in' and cab because I don't know how to drive.

I came across this similar intersection when I donned on this grey checkered shirt I got from Uniqlo when I was doing a pseudo Sex and the City four girls gathering with my friends. In fact, I often am faced with this splitting pathway because I love shirts. I'd assume that the shirt and pants had a bond so indestructible that many may mistake it for adamantium instead of fabric blend. I'd also accept the fact that their bond wasn't that much of perpetual immortality because you still can chip adamantium with diamond (I presume) and shirts go well with almost anything below. It could be a skirt, a maxi skirt, shorts, chinos, or even just underwear.

I was contemplating on this: to button or to unbutton. I love how buttoning up your shirts would emanate that preppy chic, whilst unbuttoning them shows what a bad ass kid you were in your high school. It is like killing two birds with one stone. You just have to buy a piece from the men's department (or ladies, but men's always gets a better shirt tailoring) and you could style it up in any way you want. You can even go from bra exposure to time-to-meet-the-in-laws in just two succinct seconds.

Eventually, unbuttoning was my answer. The reasons? One: I live somewhere which was not given a privilege to experience the four seasons except summer for 24/7. Two: I don't particular love the preppy chic trend, henceforth I went to reminisce my bad kid days when I was fifteen (I was a semi rebel back then). And three: I'd love to expose bra *winks*.

What about you guys? To button, or to unbutton?

Dolce & Gabbana necklace, Marc by Marc Jacobs watch, Uniqlo grey tartan shirt, Amen Label orange tartan shorts,  Zara embellished sandals

Image credits Imran