How to Wear the Same S*it Over Again (Suit, in Case You're Wondering)




Have you ever wondered how you could go and carry on with your life by repeating the same outfit (for greater emphasis, twice in a week) without EVER being criticized (or both criticized and judged per se) by your fellow peers? If your answer is 'I don't give a damn', you are either not part of the whole fashion cult or you just really don't give two s*it about what you wear or how you look.

If your answer is 'Hell yeah! Please enlighten me with your evangelism!', then let me give you some tips.

1) Get a better creativity brain. Lol jk, go get inspirations from some of your favourite fashion mentors.

2) Stay at home for about a month and then you may reappear in the same outfit.

3) I'm bad at advises.

Just kidding.

I actually find this 'concept' exceptionally tricky when it comes to suits. The only palpable way is to wear the blazer and pants separately. But what if you want to still be in the same two-piece (sometimes three) suit? Is it possible? Or are our suits - once worn - deemed a path of no re-wear that cannot be evaded?

I previously wore this suit from Ines de la Fressenge collaboration with Uniqlo to an event with my favourite tank top (which has an apparent hole at the back of it for I have no idea what reason, perhaps I was drunk and tore it). I decided to wear it out again because it is a great suit and I do not want to leave it collecting dust in my closet. So here's what I came up with.

And this time round I'm not kidding.


1) Put on the same suit, obviously.

2) Wear a fresh new t-shirt (or shirt if you wouldn't mind dying in the current heatwave) underneath instead of the favourite tank top you accidentally tore.

3) Remove those patent classy shoes. Put on some sneakers.

4) Change out all the accessories you've previously worn. I removed (reluctantly though) my watch and arm scarf and change them out for some leather bracelets.

5) Put on a baseball cap. You want to look as hipster as possible. Preferably navy blue because you wanna inject a little Parisian in your look. Not into resonating Parisian style? Not a problem, there are a wide range of caps to choose from over at Fanatics.


Ines de la Fressenge x Uniqlo navy blue linen blend suit, Man Repeller x Patterson J. Kincaid tank top, H&M Spring 2015 scarf as bracelet, Zara patent brogues

Collage images from top left, in clockwise direction: Ines x Uniqlo linen blazerPharrell Williams x Adidas Stan Smith sneakersTopshop breton striped t-shirtBimba and Lola nautical braceletInes x Uniqlo linen trousers and New Era New York Yankees cap in navy via Fanatics

Images all done by Imran using iPhone 6

Get this look for $59+ on Lookastic: Navy Blazer, Grey Tank, Navy Dress Pants