My Kind of Casual




To begin this post officially, I have something to declare first. I have no idea why the second image is of a warmer hue. Even after numerous amounts of Photoshop and Picasa to readjust it's color scheme, it's still in an eccentric tone as compared to the other two.

Okay, I am done ranting so let's get on to business.

I have received many comments regarding my personal style; on how avant-garde/OTT/AdR/eccentric it is, and how daring I could go in a relatively conservative society I'm living in. And because of this, it usually exudes to people the fact that I have never - I repeat, never - ever went casual at all.

'Why do people think I don't go casual at all?', I weltered to my close friend.

'Maybe it's because you're always spotted in some avant-garde outfit. You know, like Gossip Girl, just that she misses you out when you're in casual', he replied.

So this is why I rendered in to using the social media to broadcast my casual days (Gossip Girl can hide in a corner right now), and hence filtered down to the making of this post.

Exhibit 1: Slack of the outfit with a white loose tank and (slightly) ripped denim jeans, from Zara, while accentuating it by pairing up with a statement blazer from ASOS, some cute velvet flats from Candela, an American Apparel beanie and Alexander Wang purse.

Exhibit 2: An oversized denim shirt (Zara) with a pair of white shorts (Uniqlo) and some kick-ass studded sneakers from Aldo, the kind of relaxed outfit I love to be in at times when my closet decides to resonate the phrase 'You've got nothing to wear'.

Exhibit 3: The immensely 'Omg I don't really want to wear anything glamorous today because I'm too lazy' look, so I'm just going with a printed tee with denim shorts - both from Topman - and some ubiquitous combat Doc Martens. But wait, my outfit is too boring, so I'm carrying this boisterous Alexander McQueen butterfly printed clutch.

So that's it, my casual/alter-ego self. Okay, bye.


Images done by Imran