Embracing the Last Moments of Summer




As we bid our farewells to August and welcome September, we expect the close proximity for the arrival of a cooler climate. It was actually closer than what I'd expect. It happened approximately 4 out of 7 times last week, and they happened consecutively from Tuesday to Friday. The rain was heavy, it was somewhat obnoxious when it soaked my canvas, leather and velvet shoes. It reduced three head counts from my shoe population. I was crossed, that's for sure, when I diligently absorbed the excess liquid using a Kleenex on one hand whilst getting my blow dryer to maximum heat on the other. I shouldn't blame the torrential weather, since it was forecasted and I didn't bother obeying to the rules. But I still did. Despite being utterly pissed over with the rain and particularly myself, I thought: "Wow, our pseudo fall is arriving."

But what about the other three days? The heat was still blatantly intent. The weather report wasn't accurate. That's why I'd never obey it. But I was expecting it. The heat was always that vehemently sweltry in a tropical climate. However, it was more fervent that what I'd expect last Saturday.

Note: The pits were still moist.

I wasn't prepared for Plan B. I'd honestly thought that fall weather was approaching. On Saturday I was fully geared to conquer the wet weather. I was in a pullover, a pair of ankle grazed jeans and some booties that has leather tough enough to withstand the harsh rain. Yet, when I saw the sun rising slowly - for let's say four hours - little did I know that we were still stuck in between that summer-fall adjustment phase akin to the time when you were a problematic, angsty teenager. The only difference was we'd always, without fail, revisit this weather phase every year.

Thank god I was still relying on air conditioning.

So before we comprehensively shift into a cooler climate, I thought that it'll be great if we'd still stand this 'last' chance to embrace our final moments of summer before we'd welcome them openly* the next year. Since that Saturday's temperature was a little on the menopausal side, I'd take the opportunity to pull out that NYC tank top I got last year and slip on my summer chino shorts. It would be wise of me to actually not step out of my house without having any form of outerwear protective gear because A) You never know if the weather would really be suffering from a menopausal mood swing moment and start pouring us some fashion rain shower ten minutes later, B) we are actually stuck in that summer-fall transition so it'll be great to have some precaution just in case we anticipate strong winds and C) my tits were actually kinda showing (just a little).

Topshop NYC tank top, Uniqlo white chino shorts, Topman tartan shirt, River Island studded flats and Sagittarius book clutch from random furniture store.

Images from Mr Big

*subjected to personal preference