Put Your Best Boot Forward


It's fall! Though I have been repetitively trying to communicate the idea of supposed fall weather versus impending heat in tropical regions and it's good versus bad, the theory of relative atrocious amalgamation of the aforementioned formal two did not innately comprehended in me. It's fall season, I embrace and celebrate it by soaking my feet in drenched perspiration collected at the tip of the signature fall bootie. It's still (and always will be) summer weather, I should be buckling up my strappy peep-toe sandals and gliding through sliders. Instead, I was buckling up those strappy peep-toe booties.

Was I preparing to meet the Grim Reaper again? Or was I simply just taking the chance to participate in an unprojected pseudo fall weather? Are we masochists or enthusiasts?

I believe it'll be more decently acceptable if we claim ourselves as enthusiasts as opposed to masochists.

With my interminable love for a cute bootie, I thought that it would only be wiser if I'd actually source for some alternative(s) that could coalesce both beauty and comfort. I sailed the seas and hiked the mountains (lol jk), just to realise that the answer was right in front of me. The mule. Trends come with no apparent existential reason, and they abruptly leave after the season's over (or in the case of sliders, stayed for another round in Spring '15) only to realize that they can make a comeback several decades later. Mules were popularized in the 50s and populated in the late 90s. Mules just equates my thoughts to Carrie Bradshaw.

Since we're exposing ourselves to more heat (or actually, in the case of residential areas falling in tropical regions), the 3.1 Phillip Lim juno sandal/mule bootie and Tibi leona mules could just be the answer to relief ourselves from fashion meets comfort crisis. Also, the Alexander Wang lys leather mule bootie could do some (rocking) protection with its slick high front panel that shields our legs from getting that unwanted tan. What if, by all means, that we'd decide that the collection of perspiration in the capacious enclosed space would bring us more joy than disgust? These Surface to Air double layer booties and Acne Studios merial knee boots would bring pools of joy.

So which do you prefer? The mule boot or the covered boot? Or do you oscillate between both?

Images all around the web using Google, all boots can be bought from Shopbop