Spring Hues in Fall Tone




The summer heat has gradually left but still inadvertently lingered. The chilly wind blew past but never remained. It was pretty sure that my country's geographical locale would always - always - die to be reprieved. Yet, despite the tons of grumble and criticism we often make that would theoretically be suffice to drive us physically out of the country but impossible due to impending factors like lack of financial stability since all your pay was spent on that pair of Manolo Blahnik and adaptability issues, we still put on that extra layer of jacket or blazer disregarding the present weather state. What was the reason? Fashion week? Our fashion week was last May. Or was it our constant hopes that 'The weather looks great it's going to be chilly today' which was always high in its willpower that hasn't resulted us to turn cynical?

Is this the pure state of what we call 'juvenile delinquency'?

I happen to be a part of such an offence. Previously I wore a black wool blazer from H&M Studio '14, a Versace x H&M geometrical patterned t-shirt and an Armani Jeans faux leather shorts. The blazer was size six, I'd love it to be a little oversized thus having my butt securely protected whilst emanate strong shoulders. Since it was two sizes too big and the usage of any black hue would be deemed as unwise since it is scientifically proven that black absorbs heats, I was covered (albeit till above knees) in a full black cloth. I was literally calling for my own death sentence.

And just last Saturday I redialed The Grim Reaper. Despite the repressive heat that would always still inhabit despite technically it being Fall, I'd still celebrate fall weather by teetering in a similar coordination. Blazer, t-shirt and shorts. However, this time round I reminded myself: If I'd want to inaugurate the imaginary fall weather and not compromise to the heat, I'd have to make a change in my choices. I discarded my oxbloods, pine greens, navies, mahogany browns and blacks. I welcomed back what has been - and always will be - deemed as 'Spring Hues': vermillion, sunshine yellow, cerulean blue and lime green.

Despite that fact that my above outfit did not contain any vermillion, but hey, we'd still need to have that little fall tone to amplely coalesce with our outfit. I replaced the supposed blood red chino shorts with this oxblood tailored shorts, both happen to coincidentally be from Topman. I continued on with my bright yellow blazer I got from Zara during its spring 2013 and a pair of azure slip ons from similar brand and season. Also, not to forget that cute little furry purse I scored from a random street store in Hong Kong at six dollars.

There I stood, proudly and jubilantly of myself that I'd managed to successfully concoct an outfit which seem to be suitable for pseudo fall, instead of just screaming 'OMG I have nothing to wear!' But I instantly fell into deep levels of regret when I stepped out of my apartment.

Zara blazer, COS used and abused t-shirt, Topman tailored shorts, Zara slip ons and bag from random street store in Hong Kong.

Image credits Imran