The Alma Mater of Wedge Sneakers




Can you guess what my height is?

Five foot eight, or five foot ten?

My height often fluctuates within a different, yet rather selected range. This is because I'm either in sneakers, loafers or wedge sneakers. I cannot deny the fact that those additional back platforms embedded in wedge sneakers give you the necessary height that could be easily translated as a form of confidence and power, neither could I repress the truth that wedge sneakers are actually one of the best cheat sheet to looking taller than usual.

I have a little too many wedge sneakers that varies from one to three and a half inches. Yes, it might be rather strenuous when it comes to long distance walking when you're either shopping or trying to accelerate your weight loss by wearing them on the track mill during your gym session (same theory goes to heels and normal wedges), yet I just find myself gradually (though not subtly) developing a form of addiction when it comes to sliding my feet in them.

Could it be that I really fell short (all interpretations and pun, intended and allowed)? Or am I just really craving for that vertical feel and look?

It seems like I have not completely comprehended the supposed upcoming holiday season. Or perhaps I did; I was actually gifting myself - not anyone else but hey, it's still an act of giving - a rather 'opulent' present. They were my first ever pair of Isabel Marant wedge sneakers. I never exactly had the chance to TGIF (toes go in first) into one before since they were like eight hundred bucks(?). But something called 'pre-loved' and assumed to be 'worn only two hours and pretty new' made me reciprocate my true feelings and fork out less than half of the original price when I chance upon them.

I was always in the reproduction of wedge sneakers. Buffalo, Topshop, Aldo; you name it, you've got it. Isabel Marant was the true alma mater in being the brainer for wedge sneakers. Who would've thought wedges and sneakers could go so well hand in hand? Isabel Marant did. She once used to stuff cork at the back of her sneakers to give her that extra boost to her height, and poof, her idea became such a big hit that many knock-offs were created (and then bought by me because I just cannot afford a pair till now, despite being discounted). This just shows that we should never come quick to reject any of your childhood ideas though being mocked by your fellow peers.

So then again, I managed to steal this past season Isabel Marant beige Bekket sneakers with red accents at three hundred. Who needs those knock-offs when I now have the real deal?

Lol jk, I am never bias towards any of my shoes.

Also, you might be wondering what my actual height is. Hmm, let's just keep it at a five foot ten, shall we?

Isabel Marant wedge sneakers (please up a size because they run one size smaller, don't say I kept it to myself!), Buffalo black and white wedge sneakers, Topshop camo printed wedge sneakers and Aldo white with stud embellishment (on the flip side) wedge sneakers

Image credits Imran

P/S: Okay, my actual height is five foot seven.