The Art of Online Shopping and Online Sale


Do you know what is better than sample sale?

Guess it! No prizes for those who got them right. Lol, jk. On the contrary, there will be prizes.

.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.

Are you still rolling your die or mentally cogitating multiple choices?

Alright, I'll give you the answer.

I have a friend who frequently bursts out in cold sweat whenever she walks past a crowd. Similarly, I happen to suffer from that condition too. I usually hyperventilate and my pores start to expand whilst the sweat glands instantaneously become more productive whenever I hear these three words: 'Online Sample Sale' (did you guess it right?). The omnipresent phrase during June and December - aka mid sale and year-end sale respectively - have gotten much more positive outcomes with just two words. What would you think the resulting effect would be if we added in another word?

I believe it would be a frantic attack meets sudden outbursts of joy, laughter and 'Praise the Lord' speeches.

I do have to admit that my only cardio is solely made up of physical (or window) shopping. They would start to develop into a run (or a pseudo sporting activity) if there's a sale ongoing at Zara, or even a designer sample sale. So what exactly constitutes my willingness to go from 'Run? Nah.' to 'Run? Yeah!'? Am I simply one of the many victims craving for designer bargains? Or am I elated over the fact that I could get clothes at a cheaper price - and not a cheaper alternative?

Yet, whenever I hear similar phrases but inserted with additional words to make the whole phrase more 'filled' (aka Online Sample Sale instead of just Sample Sale), I cringe at the thought of it. I would safely assert that my form of withdrawal symptom isn't a bad thing; in fact it is something great. You can draw similar resemblance: When I'm all pumped up, I start to perspire. And when you see my entire face flustered with perspiration, it means I have completed my (shopping) race (or still in the midst of participation).

Alright, that was a whole ton of ramble you guys had to tolerate. Oh yes, did I mention about prizes if you correctly guessed the answer?

Well, Shopbop and East Dane are having a MAJOR SALE (highlighted and bold in red for extra emphasis) because they are feeling rather generous I presume? Lol, jk. But then again, there isn't any harm for us, is there? It goes from Tuesday, 25th November, 7 am in New York time, all the way to Monday, 1st December, 11:59 pm L.A. time, which simply means that if you're a local Singapore reader, it starts today at 8 pm (AKA NOW!) till 2nd of December at 3:59 pm! Yay me for converting the time for you guys!

So you might be wondering, what's the sale?

Firstly, there is NO brand exclusions (f*ck yeah!). Secondly, it lasts for an entire week (So if you're rather fickle, this sale is meant for you). And lastly, you're saving lots of cash (refer to the breakdown below).

When you spend $250, you get a 15% off total bill.

When you spend $500, you get a 20% off total bill.

When you spend $1000, you get a 25% off total bill.

Just key in the code: GOBIG14 upon checkout to be entitled to this amazing discount!

Though, those who didn't engage in the rather lame guessing game or you got the wrong answer, you cannot enjoy this privilege. Just kidding! What are you guys waiting for? Click away!

P/S: For East Danes, click here for more details. For Shopbop go-ers, click here for more details.

P/S/S: I just bought a bag for myself for Christmas, lol.

Image collages from Sex and the City and Google, time conversion courtesy of timeanddate.com's help

A part collaboration with Shopbop

Note: All prices are tabulated in USD and not SGD