Reinstating the Canadian Tux



We touched on the topic about suits being so awesome and flawless and blah blah blah and how to actually reiterate them if you happen to you know, want to wear the same suit over again without being criticized for being impoverished or lack of wardrobe choices, because the truth is that we are neither. We are just in deep infatuation with that particular suit of ours (for my case, the Ines x Uniqlo navy linen blend suit is my current favourite and I would wear them 64312085 times).

Now I remember reviving this space by kicking it off with a post about the Canadian Tux with three (omg???!?!?!?!?!?! lol) different approaches, and having all three of the outfits challenged with a matchy game. When it comes to the idea of a suit, or a tux, we all generally relate it to a co-ordination two piece set. Is it possible to cease that matchy game without having to compromise on the idea of a 'tux'? The answer to that is 'duh', just swap the jacket/shirt or the pants out with different denim hue.

Any two denims of a different hue could do right? I took the liberty of picking up a denim shirt and then closing my eyes to pick up this pair of jeans (if you didn't like what you picked, you can always repeat) and then perching a leather jacket over my shoulder because the weather is simply too hot for me to put my hands into the sleeves, but never too humid for me to try to re-approximate this look. That is why I went with sandals, though sliders would be more apt in photocopying that look.

Well, if you're still into the traditional Canadian Tuxedo, it's alright. But if change is at its apparent constant, there is no harm into opening up to new suggestions and options right?


Former: Topshop leather jacket, Uniqlo denim shirt, Zara cigarette jeans, Charles and Keith sandals

Images all done by Imran 

Get this look for $84+ on Lookastic: Black Leather Biker Jacket, Blue Denim Shirt, Navy Jeans, Black Leather Sandals